#23 CHRIS HOLDER
DATE OF BIRTH: 24.09.1987
PLACE OF BIRTH: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
LIVES IN: POOLE, GREAT BRITAIN
STATUS: PARTNER, SINGLE
CAR: AUDI A5
HOBBIES: RACING, SURFING
SPORTING HEROES: CHAD REED
– Chris was given his big break in British speedway at Premier League club, the Isle of Wight Islanders in 2006.
– Despite being in only his second season as pro-rider, Chris made his international bow in Australia?s FIM Speedway World Cup campaign in 2007, which saw them claim bronze medals at the Final in Leszno.
– After helping the Islanders land the PL Pairs and Fours titles in 2007, the Poole Pirates wasted no time in signing him up for 2008.
– The Sydneysider started his 2008 season in style, claiming his maiden Australian Senior Championship win.
– Chris? first season riding in the British, Swedish and Polish top flights at the same time in 2008 ended with him bagging titles in all three countries with Poole, Lejonen and Torun.
– Chris completed his journey into the FIM Speedway Grand Prix big time at Coventry on September 18, 2009, finishing second to earn a place in the 2010 World Championship.
– Chris impressed in his SGP debut season, storming to his maiden Grand Prix victory in Cardiff on July 10, before finishing eighth in the standings to book a return ticket for 2011.
– Another eighth place in the World Championship and an SGP gold medal in rain-soaked Gothenburg went Chris? way in 2011.
– While the first ever New Zealand SGP is one Chris will want to put behind him after he scored just four points, he will never forget March 30, 2012 after his girlfriend Sealy gave birth to their son Max in the UK while Dad listened in on the phone from Auckland.
– He bounced back from his NZ nightmare in style by winning the following round in Leszno on April 28.
– Chris picked up his second British SGP victory in three years in Cardiff on August 25 to move just a point behind then World Championship leader Greg Hancock.
– A second place at the Scandinavian SGP in Malilla on September 8 put Chris top of the World Championship for the first time in his career.
– After years of being tipped to win speedway?s biggest prize, Chris collected the World Championship by finishing fourth in the FIM Torun SGP of Poland on October 6. But for a snapped conrod in the final, he would have almost certainly won the meeting too.
AUSTRALIAN GP 2016
BRITISH GP 2012, 2010
SWEDISH GP 2011 (GOTHENBURG)
EUROPEAN GP 2012 (LESZNO)
GRAND PRIX STADINGS
YEAR:2016. POSITION 4TH.
YEAR:2015. POSITION 8TH.
YEAR:2014. POSITION 7TH.
YEAR:2013. POSITION 12TH.
YEAR:2012. POSITION 1ST.
SPEEDWAY BEST PAIRS CUP 2014.
AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008.
AUSTRALIAN U21 CHAMPION 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005.
ELITE LEAGUE BEST PAIRS 2011, 2009.
ELITE LEAGUE RIDERS CHAMPION 2012.
CZECH GOLDEN HELMET 2014.
Tuner: Peter Johns Racing
Racing Suit: KW Products
Body Armour: N/A
Helmet / Googles: TLD / Scott
Gloves / Boots: TLD / TCX